In the latest installment of the series, Intel Principal Engineer and author Michael McCool explains the mechanisms for expressing vector parallelism, both explicitly and implicitly, and the central role of Intel’s CILK Plus. You’ll also better understand the distinction between determinism and non-determinism, and more. (5:30)
- Supercomputer-Designed Racecar Sets Speed RecordOhio State University engineering students have set a new speed record with an electric racecar they designed using a supercomputer. The...
- Intel Aims to Power the Cloud with New ‘Haswell’ ChipPer-core power controls and per-thread management make each Xeon E5-2600 V3 chip as manageable and load-balancing as a whole datacenter The...
- Future Drone Designs Inspiration: Hummingbirds?Scientists have used a supercomputer to better understand how hummingbirds hover–research that can be used to help develop future drones. Vanderbilt...
- Melting Glaciers Threaten Coastal MegacitiesAntarctica glaciers that are melting because of climate change could raise sea levels faster than previously thought and threaten large coastal...
- Supercomputer Helps Kill Cancer More EffectivelyMD Anderson Cancer Center researchers are using supercomputer simulations to aid in the development of a new cancer treatment that combines...
- Vectorization Gets Explicit with Intel’s Updated Parallel ToolIntel Parallel Studio XE 2015′s explicit vectorization feature allows programmers to define SIMD and other loops that should split and run...
- Supercomputer-Designed Racecar Sets Speed Record
Deliver top application performance and reliability with Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015. These C ++ and Fortran tool suites simplify the development, debug, and tuning of code.Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Deliver top application performance and reliability with Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015. These C ++ and Fortran tool suites simplify the development, debug, and tuning of code.Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Deliver top application performance and reliability with Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015. These C ++ and Fortran tool suites simplify the development, debug, and tuning of code.Improve tuning with this performance and thread profiler for C, C++, C#, Fortran, Java, and MPI developers. Trial software >Advanced memory and thread checker helps easily find memory leaks, corruption, data races, and more. Trial software >Includes C++ and Fortran compilers, and threading, math, multimedia, and signal processing performance libraries. Trial software >Breakthrough threading prototyping tool simplifies data-driven threading design for C, C++, C#, and Fortran. Trial software >Comprehensive suite of standards-driven C, C++, and Fortran HPC development tools and programming models.Trial software >Deliver top application performance with C, C++, and Fortran compilers, libraries, and analysis tools. Trial software >
Calendar of Events
- Nov 16-21 -- SC14: Join the annual gathering of the most respected minds in high-performance computing, networking, storage and analysis - at New Orleans -
- Sept 23 -- Xeon Phi Developer Training: An Intro to Efficient Parallel Programming - at Montreal, Canada
- Sept 30 -- Xeon Phi Developer Training: An Intro to Efficient Parallel Programming - at Indianapolis
- Oct 7th -- MPI-3 Is Here: Optimize and Perform with Intel® MPI Tools -
- Sept 17 -- Knights Corner: Your Path to Knights Landing -
- Sept 23 -- Update Now: What’s New in Intel® Compilers and Libraries -
- Sept 30 -- Got Errors? Need to Thread? Intel® Software Dev Tools to the Rescue -
- Oct 28th -- New Intel® Math Kernel Library Features Boost Performance for Tiny and Gigantic Computations 9:00 a.m. PDT -
- Oct 14th -- How an Oil and Gas Application Gained 10x Performance 9:00 a.m. PDT -
- Oct 21st -- Accelerate Complex Simulations: An Example from Manufacturing 9:00 a.m. PDT -
- Nov 4th -- Design Code That Scales 9:00 a.m. PDT -