- NewsTech Documents
- Intel, HP Enterprise Team to Create High Performance Computing (HPC) CentersXSEDE project provides access to nearly a dozen university supercomputers Thousands of scientists and researchers will continue to benefit from the Extreme...
- MIT Labs “Milk” C/C++ to speed Big Data JobsXSEDE project provides access to nearly a dozen university supercomputers Thousands of scientists and researchers will continue to benefit from the Extreme...
- NSF Awards $110 Million Grant for Research Access to SupercomputingXSEDE project provides access to nearly a dozen university supercomputers Thousands of scientists and researchers will continue to benefit from the Extreme...
- US Energy Dept Funds Supercomputer Access for Manufacturing Projects
- UK Adds Intel Xeon Phi to ARCHER Supercomputer
- Annual SuperComputing Camp in Colombia Now Taking Applications
- Intel, HP Enterprise Team to Create High Performance Computing (HPC) Centers
A Primer on Deep Learning vs. Machine Learning
Slashdot Media Contributing Editor Rick Leinecker discusses how to use the Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL) to take machine learning past simple regression training
Using “Pattern” Library with Python2 to speed coding of machine learning apps
In the third installment of his Machine Learning series, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor David Bolton takes a look at the “Pattern” library from U. Antwerp, designed to accelerate development of machine learning applications for multiprocessor environments
Most Recent Posts Blog Archive
Three different but related efforts demonstrate the power of HPC in customizing medical advances to individual needs
Intel partnerships are putting ‘personal’ back in medicine with new wearables to aid Huntington’s victims, HPC-level genome decoding, and 3D-printed smart brace for young scoliosis victims, as outlined in this blog by Slashdot…
Centers of Excellence (CoE) designed to ease enterprise, research adoption of HPC platforms
Intel and Hewlett Packard Enterprise have teamed forces to bring the best of their respective HPC offerings including ProLiant Xeon Phi and Apollo Xeon-based servers to help grow this important market segment, according to this brief by…
Xeon Phi boosts image-recognition 50x, general purpose Xeon CPUs net over 25x increase in performance
Less than 5% of today’s workloads run on CPU/GPU combinations today, but Intel has demonstrated how recoding for its Xeon Phi processor along with Xeon CPUs can yield dramatic performance boosts, as outlined in this…
Open Source web-mining module from University of Antwerp speeds data mining, network analysis, natural language processing
With a continued focus on machine learning, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor David Bolton blogs about a new tool from Belgian researchers aptly called Pattern, and how to use it to enhance your Python code
OpenMP extension dubbed “Milk” designed to speed big data processing by 3-4 x without changing languages
Big Data developers need not turn to new languages such as “R” to get the job done, thanks to C++ extensions MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory have made by augmenting OpenMP, according…