- NewsTech Documents
- UC San Diego To Build Cyberinfrastructure for NASA ResearchThe San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) and UC San Diego’s Scripps Institution of Oceanography have been awarded a NASA grant to...
- Old Supercomputers Never Die, They Just Get RepurposedInstead of retiring its five-year-old Gordon supercomputer, the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) has struck a deal with a New York-based...
- Intel Fuels Wave Of Training To Stave Off Data Scientist ShortageFocus on AI, Machine Learning application development yields base for next generation of data scientists The shortage of data scientists that...
- New Intel Hybrid Cloud Datacenter Security Aims at “Shadow IT” UsersThe increasing complexity of datacenter infrastructures and the challenge of protecting them is shifting InfoSec professionals away from best-of-breed tools in...
- Supercomputing Expected To Help Increase Life Expectancy By A DecadeSupercomputers will give rise to advances in personalized medicine, which will improve healthcare and potentially increase people’s life expectancy by five...
- Supercomputer Models Speed New Materials DiscoveryMachine Learning helps confirm properties of new “nanomaterials” 10x+ faster Researchers using supercomputers are taking advantage of machine-learning algorithms to accurately...
- UC San Diego To Build Cyberinfrastructure for NASA Research
Tag Archives: AI
Focus on AI, Machine Learning application development yields base for next generation of data scientists The shortage of data scientists that was “becoming a serious constraint” according to a 2012 article in Harvard Business Review, never became a major crisis largely due to the explosive growth in data-science training during the time since. A rush […]
Supercomputers will give rise to advances in personalized medicine, which will improve healthcare and potentially increase people’s life expectancy by five to ten years, says the head of an Ireland’s national high-performance computing center. Jean-Christophe Desplat, director of the Irish Centre for High-End Computing (ICHEC), made the prediction in a recent Irish Times article that […]
Why should all the AI focus be strictly business? Here’s how machine learning can help with gaming – specifically poker players Playing games has been a topic in AI (Artificial Intelligence) right back to the very early days. In the 1960s Computer Scientist Donald Michie used matchboxes to create a learning machine called Menace that […]
Ability for program to bluff crucial in big AI tournament win An artificial intelligence (AI) computer program developed by Carnegie Mellon University has soundly defeated four of the world’s top poker players in a 20-day poker competition in Pittsburgh. The AI program, named Libratus, beat the professional poker players by a combined $1.7 million in […]
Deep Learning (DL) is the hottest thing in AI; now Intel offers tools to enable HPC and big-data users to reap the benefits DL offers. Intel has released a series of tools and frameworks designed to make it easier for organizations to expand their use of deep-learning techniques for everything from advanced analytics to voice-response […]
The demand for artificial intelligence (AI) has fueled an explosion in machine learning and Deep Learning functionality for a broad range of applications. To help meet that demand, Intel has held a series of AI Developer days around the world. Topics include Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing, and how to get the most out of your hardware […]
Deep Learning is the cutting edge of AI, but proven data and deployment models and available frameworks make it a solid practical choice for advanced analytics Deep learning techniques are advancing artificial-intelligence based analytics far enough that a team of researchers at MIT has succeeded in getting a computer to predict the future. In December, […]
Machine Learning and its cousin Deep Learning are becoming increasingly important in a data-driven world. The last couple of years has really seen Machine Learning (ML) take off in popularity and if you are a software developer you might be considering getting into it. After all it’s just another programming technique that you can add […]
Kaby Lake Core chip: source: Intel: New chips, new graphics, analytics and ways to interact will expand work, play and research with as dramatic an effect as the Industrial Revolution, CEO Krzanich says. Intel Corp. has reiterated its commitment to artificial intelligence, machine learning and a host of other high–performance datacenter technologies toward which CEO […]
Intel announced several new high-performance computing (HPC) products mid-November at the Supercomputing 2016 (SC16) conference in Salt Lake City. According to Intel’s news release, here are some highlights of the announcements: • Broadwell processor. Intel introduced the Intel Xeon E5-2699A v4 processor, which is the chipmaker’s fastest two-socket processor. • Intel HPC Orchestrator. Intel has […]