- NewsTech Documents
- Supercomputing Superluminous SupernovaeFirst 2-dimension simulations shed new light on superluminous stellar explosions, which are up to 100 times brighter than regular supernovae Scientists...
- Artificial Intelligence Trounces Humans in Poker TournamentAbility for program to bluff crucial in big AI tournament win An artificial intelligence (AI) computer program developed by Carnegie Mellon...
- Your Valentine Is A Lot Like You, Study ShowsHigh Performance Computing Research show your mate likely has similar height, weight, and education profile Do you already have a Valentine or...
- Supercomputer To Study Climate Change In US Corn BeltWhile many scientists are studying the impact of global warming on the earth’s poles, Purdue researchers are modelling its impact right...
- Supercomputer Powers Research In Cookstove PollutionStudy Confirms indoor cookstoves cause outdoor pollution, add to climate change About 40 percent of the world’s population use cookstoves that...
- New Supercomputer Boosts Gravity Wave DetectionRipples in space-time first predicted by Einstein over a century ago The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)...
- Supercomputing Superluminous Supernovae
Tag Archives: Big Data
Deep Learning is the cutting edge of AI, but proven data and deployment models and available frameworks make it a solid practical choice for advanced analytics Deep learning techniques are advancing artificial-intelligence based analytics far enough that a team of researchers at MIT has succeeded in getting a computer to predict the future. In December, […]
High-speed, high-end financial analytics database vendor sucks 200GB of taxi data into high-performing memory, spits out query results in milliseconds that would take minutes on traditional big-data hardware At a recent supercomputing conference, high-end financial-industry analytics vendor Kx Systems was able to get responses back in milliseconds from queries on a database with records of […]
Accelerated Big Data code development, performance for Apache Spark Intel has unveiled BigDL, an open-source deep learning library for Apache Spark. It allows users to write their deep learning applications as standard Spark programs, which can run on top of existing Spark or Hadoop clusters, the company says. The BigDL framework is available on GitHub. […]
Sequencing the DNA of one million people will create datasets of unprecedented size; Intel, Broad add AI, improved analytics, reference architectures, cloud infrastructure to help carry the load Intel Corp. and the Broad Institute have announced a five-year, $25 million collaboration designed to help researchers work more conveniently and efficiently with data sets that […]
Intel’s Open-Source Snap platform can automate management, security and lifecycle management of cloud assets Intel corp. has announced the shipment of release 1.0 of Snap, the datacenter telemetry framework announced in December that Intel predicted would be a key step toward the automated management, security and lifecycle management of cloud-based IT assets. Snap is a […]
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded $11 million to help launch ten Big Data research projects across the country. A year ago in November, the NSF funded the creation of four Big Data Regional Innovation Hubs in the Northeast, Midwest, South and West. The goal of the hubs is to facilitate research and innovation […]
Technology akin to personalized medicine tests the makeup and hygiene of manufactured foods for regulators and consumers, says Slashdot Media Contributing Editor John O’Donnell Ever wonder what’s in a hot dog? And, did you ever think that bit of morbid curiosity would drive significant investment in development of practical genomic analysis, machine learning, artificial intelligence […]
This is the fourth part in a series about getting started with the R language. It is a beautiful language for loading, manipulating, and dealing with data. In the last blog (link here) I talked about loading data from .CSV and tab delimited files. In this blog we will take a look at performing calculations […]
Easily manipulating data sets is one of the R language highlights The “R” language is increasingly being used for analytics, big data, statistics and graphics. In part 3 of his 4-part series, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor Rick Leinecker looks at loading and manipulating tables with R This is the third in a four part series […]
Using “Naïve Bayes Classification” and Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library for Machine Learning Is predicting the weather a science or an art? In this blog, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor Rick Leinecker looks at applying Naïve Bayes Classification methods, with the help of Intel DAAL, to tackle a simple predictive task In this blog we will […]