- NewsTech Documents
- New Intel Hybrid Cloud Datacenter Security Aims at “Shadow IT” UsersThe increasing complexity of datacenter infrastructures and the challenge of protecting them is shifting InfoSec professionals away from best-of-breed tools in...
- Supercomputing Expected To Help Increase Life Expectancy By A DecadeSupercomputers will give rise to advances in personalized medicine, which will improve healthcare and potentially increase people’s life expectancy by five...
- Supercomputer Models Speed New Materials DiscoveryMachine Learning helps confirm properties of new “nanomaterials” 10x+ faster Researchers using supercomputers are taking advantage of machine-learning algorithms to accurately...
- San Diego Supercomputer Center, Intel Collaborate on Earthquake ResearchNew software, 10+ teraflops to better predict earthquake paths in southern California Researchers from the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) and...
- Supercomputing Enables Real-Time, In-Depth MRI AnalysisMRI results that used to take days or hours can now be ready in minutes – thanks to technology powered by...
- Google Cloud Platform offers Next-Gen Intel Xeon “Skylake” for HPC InstancesThe Google Cloud Platform (GCP) has announced it is the first cloud provider to offer users access to the next-generation Intel...
- New Intel Hybrid Cloud Datacenter Security Aims at “Shadow IT” Users
Tag Archives: Big Data
If real-time mind reading from brain scans sound like science fiction, read on. It’s already science fact. Princeton University and Intel researchers are making progress in their ongoing two-year effort to build and improve software that attempts to read people’s minds in real time. Neuroscientists and computer scientists from the two organizations have used high-performance […]
Deep Learning is the cutting edge of AI, but proven data and deployment models and available frameworks make it a solid practical choice for advanced analytics Deep learning techniques are advancing artificial-intelligence based analytics far enough that a team of researchers at MIT has succeeded in getting a computer to predict the future. In December, […]
High-speed, high-end financial analytics database vendor sucks 200GB of taxi data into high-performing memory, spits out query results in milliseconds that would take minutes on traditional big-data hardware At a recent supercomputing conference, high-end financial-industry analytics vendor Kx Systems was able to get responses back in milliseconds from queries on a database with records of […]
Accelerated Big Data code development, performance for Apache Spark Intel has unveiled BigDL, an open-source deep learning library for Apache Spark. It allows users to write their deep learning applications as standard Spark programs, which can run on top of existing Spark or Hadoop clusters, the company says. The BigDL framework is available on GitHub. […]
Sequencing the DNA of one million people will create datasets of unprecedented size; Intel, Broad add AI, improved analytics, reference architectures, cloud infrastructure to help carry the load Intel Corp. and the Broad Institute have announced a five-year, $25 million collaboration designed to help researchers work more conveniently and efficiently with data sets that […]
Intel’s Open-Source Snap platform can automate management, security and lifecycle management of cloud assets Intel corp. has announced the shipment of release 1.0 of Snap, the datacenter telemetry framework announced in December that Intel predicted would be a key step toward the automated management, security and lifecycle management of cloud-based IT assets. Snap is a […]
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded $11 million to help launch ten Big Data research projects across the country. A year ago in November, the NSF funded the creation of four Big Data Regional Innovation Hubs in the Northeast, Midwest, South and West. The goal of the hubs is to facilitate research and innovation […]
Technology akin to personalized medicine tests the makeup and hygiene of manufactured foods for regulators and consumers, says Slashdot Media Contributing Editor John O’Donnell Ever wonder what’s in a hot dog? And, did you ever think that bit of morbid curiosity would drive significant investment in development of practical genomic analysis, machine learning, artificial intelligence […]
This is the fourth part in a series about getting started with the R language. It is a beautiful language for loading, manipulating, and dealing with data. In the last blog (link here) I talked about loading data from .CSV and tab delimited files. In this blog we will take a look at performing calculations […]
Easily manipulating data sets is one of the R language highlights The “R” language is increasingly being used for analytics, big data, statistics and graphics. In part 3 of his 4-part series, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor Rick Leinecker looks at loading and manipulating tables with R This is the third in a four part series […]