- NewsTech Documents
- Supercomputing Superluminous SupernovaeFirst 2-dimension simulations shed new light on superluminous stellar explosions, which are up to 100 times brighter than regular supernovae Scientists...
- Artificial Intelligence Trounces Humans in Poker TournamentAbility for program to bluff crucial in big AI tournament win An artificial intelligence (AI) computer program developed by Carnegie Mellon...
- Your Valentine Is A Lot Like You, Study ShowsHigh Performance Computing Research show your mate likely has similar height, weight, and education profile Do you already have a Valentine or...
- Supercomputer To Study Climate Change In US Corn BeltWhile many scientists are studying the impact of global warming on the earth’s poles, Purdue researchers are modelling its impact right...
- Supercomputer Powers Research In Cookstove PollutionStudy Confirms indoor cookstoves cause outdoor pollution, add to climate change About 40 percent of the world’s population use cookstoves that...
- New Supercomputer Boosts Gravity Wave DetectionRipples in space-time first predicted by Einstein over a century ago The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)...
- Supercomputing Superluminous Supernovae
Tag Archives: DAAL
Data mining and machine learning are just two of the in-high-demand functions that PyDAAL can ease coding for. Read this blog by David Bolton to learn how to get started. The package PyDAAL is Intel’s Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL) for python and provides interfaces to it. DAAL provides building blocks for data management, data […]
Taming the Data Deluge with high-level algorithms and low-level primitives Machine Learning and Big Data demand powerful tools to tame the data beast. Intel has created two libraries, the Math Kernel Library (MKL) and Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL) to serve most every developer’s need. Watch this brief video to get an introduction to these […]
Using “Naïve Bayes Classification” and Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library for Machine Learning Is predicting the weather a science or an art? In this blog, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor Rick Leinecker looks at applying Naïve Bayes Classification methods, with the help of Intel DAAL, to tackle a simple predictive task In this blog we will […]
A Primer on Deep Learning vs. Machine Learning
Slashdot Media Contributing Editor Rick Leinecker discusses how to use the Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL) to take machine learning past simple regression training
Part 2 of our four-part series on machine learning shows how to do regression training and testing with DAAL
Intel Parallel Studio includes many useful libraries including DAAL, which accelerates machine learning coding, as demonstrated in this video blog from Slashdot Media Contributing Editor Rick Leinecker
Data Science, Big Data and Machine Learning applied to London’s famous Taxi fleet In the first part of this series, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor David Bolton discussed collection of data from London Taxis to determine if scheduling can be improved. In Part two, he shows us how to use the Intel Data Analysis Acceleration Library […]
Part 1 of 2 – Collecting data from London’s famed Taxis to optimize routes Is “the Knowledge” enough to keep London taxis on track? In the first part of this two part series, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor David Bolton looks at London’s famous taxis, and collects data from the taxi service that will be parsed […]
Intel offers “Something new and unusual for the Python world” Intel now provides Python packages like mpi4py, interfaces to threaded building blocks (TBB) and the Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL) in the beta release of Intel Distribution for Python 2017, according to this brief from Go Parallel editor Michael Krieger As demand for Python in […]
Intel Expands Cloud-HPC Effort to Make Precision Medicine Diagnoses in a Single Day Will donated DNA help speed difficult diagnoses? A million donors say “Yes!” This article by Slashdot Media contributing editor John O’Donnell describes what NIH is doing with its $215 million program to do just that The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has […]
Demand for big-data skills rises even higher with growth of analytics in security, self-service BI and analytics processing in the cloud and on-premises Fueled by the need for faster, better and more competitive business analytics, the demand for Big Data solutions – and the staff to deliver them – continues to skyrocket. This blog by […]