- NewsTech Documents
- UC San Diego To Build Cyberinfrastructure for NASA ResearchThe San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) and UC San Diego’s Scripps Institution of Oceanography have been awarded a NASA grant to...
- Old Supercomputers Never Die, They Just Get RepurposedInstead of retiring its five-year-old Gordon supercomputer, the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) has struck a deal with a New York-based...
- Intel Fuels Wave Of Training To Stave Off Data Scientist ShortageFocus on AI, Machine Learning application development yields base for next generation of data scientists The shortage of data scientists that...
- New Intel Hybrid Cloud Datacenter Security Aims at “Shadow IT” UsersThe increasing complexity of datacenter infrastructures and the challenge of protecting them is shifting InfoSec professionals away from best-of-breed tools in...
- Supercomputing Expected To Help Increase Life Expectancy By A DecadeSupercomputers will give rise to advances in personalized medicine, which will improve healthcare and potentially increase people’s life expectancy by five...
- Supercomputer Models Speed New Materials DiscoveryMachine Learning helps confirm properties of new “nanomaterials” 10x+ faster Researchers using supercomputers are taking advantage of machine-learning algorithms to accurately...
- UC San Diego To Build Cyberinfrastructure for NASA Research
Tag Archives: DAAL
Data mining and machine learning are just two of the in-high-demand functions that PyDAAL can ease coding for. Read this blog by David Bolton to learn how to get started. The package PyDAAL is Intel’s Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL) for python and provides interfaces to it. DAAL provides building blocks for data management, data […]
Taming the Data Deluge with high-level algorithms and low-level primitives Machine Learning and Big Data demand powerful tools to tame the data beast. Intel has created two libraries, the Math Kernel Library (MKL) and Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL) to serve most every developer’s need. Watch this brief video to get an introduction to these […]
Using “Naïve Bayes Classification” and Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library for Machine Learning Is predicting the weather a science or an art? In this blog, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor Rick Leinecker looks at applying Naïve Bayes Classification methods, with the help of Intel DAAL, to tackle a simple predictive task In this blog we will […]
A Primer on Deep Learning vs. Machine Learning
Slashdot Media Contributing Editor Rick Leinecker discusses how to use the Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL) to take machine learning past simple regression training
Part 2 of our four-part series on machine learning shows how to do regression training and testing with DAAL
Intel Parallel Studio includes many useful libraries including DAAL, which accelerates machine learning coding, as demonstrated in this video blog from Slashdot Media Contributing Editor Rick Leinecker
Data Science, Big Data and Machine Learning applied to London’s famous Taxi fleet In the first part of this series, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor David Bolton discussed collection of data from London Taxis to determine if scheduling can be improved. In Part two, he shows us how to use the Intel Data Analysis Acceleration Library […]
Part 1 of 2 – Collecting data from London’s famed Taxis to optimize routes Is “the Knowledge” enough to keep London taxis on track? In the first part of this two part series, Slashdot Media Contributing Editor David Bolton looks at London’s famous taxis, and collects data from the taxi service that will be parsed […]
Intel offers “Something new and unusual for the Python world” Intel now provides Python packages like mpi4py, interfaces to threaded building blocks (TBB) and the Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL) in the beta release of Intel Distribution for Python 2017, according to this brief from Go Parallel editor Michael Krieger As demand for Python in […]
Intel Expands Cloud-HPC Effort to Make Precision Medicine Diagnoses in a Single Day Will donated DNA help speed difficult diagnoses? A million donors say “Yes!” This article by Slashdot Media contributing editor John O’Donnell describes what NIH is doing with its $215 million program to do just that The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has […]
Demand for big-data skills rises even higher with growth of analytics in security, self-service BI and analytics processing in the cloud and on-premises Fueled by the need for faster, better and more competitive business analytics, the demand for Big Data solutions – and the staff to deliver them – continues to skyrocket. This blog by […]